Combination Disciplines require a particular level of proficiency for each Discipline used, and the resulting effect often resembles a combination of the powers required. Some, however, are entirely distinct effects which draw on the themes of the Disciplines used, though these are often quite specific in their application.
Combination Disciplines are popular because they can add versatility to the Disciplines a character possesses or address unique situations. They are also one of the few ways cainites of higher generations and younger Kuei-Jin can learn non-standard Discipline powers, as it is possible to create or learn Combination Disciplines that only require mid-level powers.
That being said, Combination Disciplines are rare; they can usually only be learned from a vampire who already knows the desired power, and are often jealously guarded secrets. Most are known to specific clans or bloodlines, and combine the in-clan Disciplines known to those groups, though there are powers shared by each sect as well. The Anarchs in particular have few qualms about sharing such disciplines amongst themselves, as it offers them an edge against the elders of the Camarilla and Sabbat.
List of Combination DisciplinesEdit
- Main article: List of Combination Disciplines
As it was previously stated, these are rare powers not generally known to the vampiric population. Vampires who develop such abilities are extremely jealous of them, not prone to discuss them openly. In the main article presented above, however, we merely offer a database for players and storytellers to draw upon since the Combination Disciplines are spread throughout a great variety of sourcebooks.
Combination Disciplines were introduced in the Revised Edition of Vampire: The Masquerade and are mainly presented in the various Revised clanbooks and in the Advanced Disciplines sections of the sect books. Many were consolidated and reprinted for the Dark Ages: Vampire books Players Guide to High Clans and Players Guide to Low Clans in addition to a few new powers. The only overall difference between Combination Powers in the two lines is that Dark Ages: Vampire established a standard experience cost of 7 * highest Discipline level.
- Anarchs Unbound, p. 105-110
- Archons & Templars, p. 140, etc
- Clanbook: Baali, p. 47
- Clanbook: Brujah Revised, p. 66, etc
- Clanbook: Cappadocian, p. 36, 94, etc
- Clanbook: Followers of Set Revised, p. 69, etc
- Clanbook: Gangrel Revised, p. 72, etc
- Clanbook: Lasombra Revised, p. 72
- Clanbook: Toreador Revised, p. 75
- Clanbook: Tzimisce Revised, p. 72
- Clanbook: Ventrue Revised, p. 77
- Counsel of Primogen p. 101, etc
- Dark Ages Companion, p. 87, etc
- Guide to the Anarchs, p. 65, etc
- Guide to the Camarilla, p. 117
- Libellus Sanguinis I, p. 33, etc
- Libellus Sanguinis II, p. 37, 102, etc
- Libellus Sanguinis III, p. 66,etc
- Libellus Sanguinis IV, p. 75
- Lore of the Clans, p. 28, 49, 69, 89, 107, 124, 144, 164, 183, 201, 220, 241, 262, 270
- Mexico City by Night, p. 114, etc
- Players Guide to the High Clans, p. 164, etc
- Players Guide to the Low Clans, p. 122, etc
- Road of Heaven (book), p. 68
- Road of Humanity (book), p. 71
- Road of Kings (book), p. 73
- Road of Sin (book), p. 70
- Wolves of the Sea, p. 71
- Devil's Due, p. 146 ect.