|Authors:||Ethan Skemp, Jess "LARPachu" Heinig ("Associate Pokémon of the Mind's Eye Theatre")|
|Storyteller Game System:||Mark Rein•Hagen|
|Developer:||Rob Hatch with Justin Achilli|
|Art Direction:||Richard Thomas|
|Artists:||Leif Jones, Larry MacDougall, Joshua Gabriel Timbrook, Drew Tucker, Christopher Shy|
|Cover Art:||John Van Fleet|
|Publisher:||White Wolf Publishing, Inc.|
|Imprint:||White Wolf Game Studio|
|Published:||June 12, 2000|
|Publication #:||WW 02353|
|Reference #:||ISBN 1-56504-268-9|
Clanbook: Malkavian Revised is a supplement for the Revised edition of Vampire: the Masquerade, detailing the secrets of the Malkavian clan, including information about the Madness Network and the spread of the Dementation discipline. It replaced Clanbook: Malkavian.
From the White Wolf catalog:
- The Circle of Chaos
- The childer of Malkav bear two curses: undeath and madness. From emotionless sociopaths to raving lunatics and everything in between, the Malkavians nonetheless command startling insight. Does what they know drive them to madness or does their insanity allow them to peer into a world the rest of us fear to see?
- The Method of Madness
- As part of the revised lineup of clanbooks, Malkavian takes one of the classic sourcebooks for the game and brings it into a modern context. All-new information accompanies a re-examination of earlier concepts, allowing you to add as much depth to your character as you like. The sheer volume of information contained in the new clanbooks (each 32 pages longer than the first-edition series) permits Storytellers to round out their chronicles.
Chapter One: The Tower of BabelEdit
A history of the clan, as told to a young Malkavian named Daniel by a voice inside his head. The voice is presumably an elder vampire speaking through the Madness Network, or perhaps the Network itself.
Chapter Two: Inside BedlamEdit
The first half is a summary of the Malkavian take on the Modern Nights, as told by a "20 years dead" Malkavian talking to himself. (He is never named, but knows many famous Malkavians, including Dr. Netchurch.) Details how the clan chooses for the Embrace, the nature of clan gatherings, clan practices and traditions, and attitudes toward the sects, other clans and other supernatural beings, though these last opinions seemingly come to the narrator from the Madness Network.
Chapter Three: Shards of a Broken MirrorEdit
The Revised clanbook is generally seen as an improvement over the original, which while fondly remembered was also criticised for its overt silliness. The new book gives a much more realistic portrayal of mental illness.
- Dr. Douglas Netchurch: world's foremost expert in Kindred pathology, hemotology and neobiology.
- Dr. Nancy Reage: Netchurch's childe and assistant.
- Dawn Nakada: One of Maris Streck's Archons
- Alessio Rinaldi, the Peacock Prince: the masked Prince of Ravenna.
| Previous book:|| Game Books|
Vampire: The Masquerade books
| Next book:|