Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
|Art Director:||Richard Thomas|
|Production:||Sam Chupp, Richard Thomas|
|Interior Art:||Sam Inabinet, Terry Pavlet, Richard Thomas, Victoria Mia Thomas, Joshua Gabriel Timbrook|
|Cover Art:||Timothy Bradstreet|
|Cover Design:||Chris McDonough|
|Back Cover Artist:||Joshua Gabriel Timbrook|
|Publisher:||White Wolf Publishing, Inc.|
|Imprint:||White Wolf Game Studio|
|Publication #:||WW 02053|
|Reference #:||ISBN 1-56504-052-X|
From the White Wolf catalog:
- What is this thing called madness? They say those touched by insanity have also been touched by divinity. No they don't. Madness is often only a step away from enlightenment and, for some, is a step beyond. No it isn't. Now learn how the Malkavians twist the world for their benefit. You won't learn a thing. Discover the truth of their madness. It's too late for that.
- Clanbook: Malkavian includes:
- The history of the clan and the true depth of its member's insanities;
- 10 sample characters suitable for players and Storytellers; and
- ιφ ψου χαν ρεαδ τηισ, ψου αρε οφφιχιαλλψ τραγιχαλλψ ηιπ.
- The back cover contains the Greek text "ιφ ψου χαν ρεαδ τηισ, ψου αρε οφφιχιαλλψ τραγιχαλλψ ηιπ." This says "if you can read this, you are officially tragically hip." This is not a translation (the words don't exist in Greek) nor a transliteration (the letters do not all match the sounds from the original words). The effect was likely achieved by simply converting the English text to a Greek alphabet font. So while ψ (psi) makes a "ps" sound, it was likely physically mapped to the keyboard's "Y" key, so any Y in the original text became a psi.
- In an example of breaking the fourth wall, the title page reads "If You Buy This, You'll Believe Anything."
- The table of contents (and the chapters themselves) plays fast and loose with homonyms (words that sound alike) and synonyms (words that mean the same thing). Contents becomes Contense, the first Appendix is called a Liver, and so on.
- All of Chapter Won uses Roman numerals for the page numbers.
- The final page of Chapter Won is Page XX, which ironically enough is located not on page 20 (XX in Roman numerals) but on page 11 (XI in Roman numerals).
- Page 17 is black/white inverted. This is the only known example outside of the .
- Page 26 describes a Malkavian known as the "Word-Eater." The accompanying illustration presumably shows the Word-Eater, as the book's text is disrupted around his raised hand and continue to disintegrate off the page, leaving the cryptic "and other butchers' aprons" finishing the text at the top of the next page.
- Page 34 is reflected left/right. Text at the bottom suggests that "a mirror might help you read this. maybe."
| Previous book:|| Game Books|
Vampire: The Masquerade books
| Next book:|