|Written by:||Mark Rein•Hagen (Introduction), Andrew Greenberg (Characters, Encounters and History Chapters), Steve Crow (Geography Chapter), with Josh Timbrook, Travis Lamar Williams, and Chris McDonough (Encounters), Stewart Wieck (Characters)|
|Concepts:||Mark Rein•Hagen, Andrew Greenberg, Josh Timbrook, Stewart Wieck|
|Development:||Mark Rein•Hagen, Andrew Greenberg|
|Editing:||Graeme Davis, Andrew Greenberg|
|Maps:||Chris McDonough, Rob Dixon, Margaux Schaffer|
|Art:||Tim Bradstreet, Josh Timbrook, Richard Thomas, Ron Spenser, Craig Cartwright|
|Vampire: The Masquerade was created by:||Mark Rein•Hagen|
| Special, Special Thanks!|
Mark “That’s not my job” Rein•Hagen, for being the consummate delegator and enjoying it totally.
Stewart “I don’t think that’s a good idea” Wieck, for keeping us within the law.
Andrew “I can’t believe you’re gonna edit that” Greenberg, for not going buck wild when all his ideas didn’t see final print.
Travis “Day in, day out” Williams, for being there for us whether we want him to be or not
Nicole “Travis, if you don‘t get out of my office, I’m going to kill you!” Lindroos, for showing restraint and not strangling the company’s “Token Black”.
Josh “Pork Shank” Timbrook, for ordering a meal for a
king and eating like a pauper.
Wes “Mac Daddy” Harris, for providing us with all the rhythmic beats to which we missed release dates.
Ken “Who’s the Mac?” Cliffe, for showing us lightweights how it’s really done.
|Publisher:||White Wolf Publishing, Inc.|
|Imprint:||White Wolf Game Studio|
|Publication #:||WW 2201|
|Reference #:||ISBN 1-56504-000-7|
Chicago by Night is a sourcebook for the first edition of Vampire: The Masquerade. It was revised in 1993 as Chicago by Night Second Edition. The book gives a lot of detail on Chicago for the Storytellers to build a campaign in one of the main cities of the Classic World of Darkness.
- From the White Wolf Catalog:
- Only At Night Do the Dead Come Out
- No other city so dangerously on the edge of chaos. No other city so desperately overcrowded. No other city so divided. No other city so torn by its conflicts. Chicago's streets are coated with the blood of those who have been destroyed in its ancient war, and soon the flames will raze it yet again. The plots and schemes of the Immortals of this metropolis will always enmesh the unwary or the foolish. Trust no one - not even yourself. Then the Jyhad Doth Rage.
- Chicago by Night includes:
- Descriptions of most of the Kindred inhabitants of Chicago - 70 powerful characters in all.
- A chapter on the "real" history of Chicago.
- Detailed maps of the city and a complete geography chapter.
- A number of innovative "character interaction" charts used to define the relationships between these immortals.
- Over one hundred encounters, organized by theme, which provide you a means to make the setting come alive for your players.
| Previous release:|| Game Books|
Vampire: The Masquerade books
| Next release:|