Chi'iu Muh, also known as the Dragon Pearl among some, is a curious Discipline that draws its power from a Third eye that emulates the Dragon Sages from ages past. At the first and second levels, this organ appears to be a circular gemstone. At the third level, the stone becomes a third eye, similar in shape and color to the vampire's original two. As the student advances in the Discipline, the eye develops and swells, so that by the time the student learns the fifth level of Chi'iu Muh, the eye is a great blazing orb in the center of the forehead. While the Third Eye is a permanent feature of the Kuei-jin in question, he can hide it with sufficient Stamina.
Chi'iu Muh is an unique Discipine in the regard that its powers shift according to the soul part that is dominant at the time of usage. While the Hun allows to mend souls and heal wounds, the P'o ravages souls and can even devour them. Because of this, Kuei-jin who are adept at the use of the Dragon Pearl are often mistrusted.
Kuei-jin Ancestors tell that the barbarian Zao-lat was tutored by Xue in the use of this power, but his own shortcomings prevented him from mastering it and his P'o corrupted it. When Xue saw that his disciple was flawed and casted him out, the Traitor left to the west, sharing his bastardized form among his followers. From this knowledge, the Kindred disciplines of Obeah and Valeren were developed.
- Rasa: The Kuei-jin can catch glimpses of ages past and ages to come.
- Chi Sight: The Kuei-jin can sense the world of spirits as clearly as the material world.
- Dragon Ward: The Kuei-jin can create a barrier of chi that turns away any attackers.
- Purification: The Kuei-jin can either purge his target of any Tainted Chi (while the Hun dominates) or infuse it with even more Demon Chi (while the P'o dominates)
- Spirit-Eating: The Kuei-jin can sever the ties that hold a soul to its body to either purify it (Hun) or devour it (P'o).
- Shield of the Soul: This protects the users own souls against attacks from other supernaturals.
- Baking The Fire, Calming The Wave: The Kuei-jin forces another Kuei-jin out of any soul state except Wind Soul without ill effects.
- Soul Taint: The Kuei-jin can make his victim displeasing to anyone in his presence after briefly touching it.
- Soul Exchange: This power allows a Kuei-jin to switch the souls of any human being with that of another.
^ Level 1
|Rasa||Kindred of the East Rulebook||Pg. 122|
^ Level 2
|Chi Sight||Kindred of the East Rulebook||Pg. 122|
^ Level 3
|Dragon Ward||Kindred of the East Rulebook||Pg. 122|
^ Level 4
|Purifictaion||Kindred of the East Rulebook||Pg. 122|
^ Level 5
|Spirit-Eating||Kindred of the East Rulebook||Pg. 123|
^ Level 6
|Shield of the Soul||Kindred of the East Companion||Pg. 86|
^ Level 7
|Baking The Fire, Calming The Waves||Kindred of the East Companion||Pg. 86|
^ Level 8
|Soul Taint||Kindred of the East Companion||Pg. 86|
^ Level 9
|Soul Exchange||Kindred of the East Companion||Pg. 87|