Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
|Written by:||C.A. Suleiman|
|Storyteller Game System:||Mark Rein•Hagen|
|Project Consultation:||Khaldoun Khelil|
|Developed by:||Justin Achilli|
|Art Director:||Richard Thomas|
|Layout & Typesetting:||Becky Jollensten|
|Interior Art:||Mike Danza, Becky Jollensten, Drew Tucker, Conan Venus|
|Front Cover Art:||Lawrence Snelly|
|Front & Back Cover Design:||Becky Jollensten|
|Publisher:||White Wolf Publishing, Inc.|
|Imprint:||White Wolf Game Studio|
|Reference #:||ISBN 1-58846-215-3|
From the White Wolf catalog:
- Ancients in an Ancient City
- Older than both of the warring sects combined, Cairo sits perched atop the Nile like a pharaoh upon a throne, but all is not well in the city. Ancient conspiracies play out nightly while the Caitiff prince struggles with the resident Kindred's issues of faith. Cairo hides a myriad of secrets from itself as well as its shadowy denizens.
- A Six-Thousand-Year Night
- Cairo by Night presents a chronicle setting that focuses on two of Vampires core themes, the Final Nights and the price of eternal unlife. Suitable for characters of any power level, the events of this book will satisfy lovers of epic tales and personal horrors and everything in between. Cairo explores not only the Kindred that players expect to meet, but the others with whom they share the night.
Introduction: The Pulse of MilleniaEdit
A summary of the book, a quick overview of the real Cairo and its people, a lexicon, and recommend books, music, and film to set and get a feel for the mood.
Chapter One: Sins of the Fathers: A History of CairoEdit
Because of Set, the kindred (and particularly the Followers of Set) have had a long-running hold in Cairo and Egypt in general. The history is greatly detailed from the ancient days to the coming of Islam and into modern nights.
Chapter Two: Blood and Sand: Geography and the UndeadEdit
The nine Cainite social zones of Cairo, or khittas, dictate how much of kindred society is run there. As always, however, there are those who don't want to follow the rules. Many of the khittas are run by one clan; alongside the Setites, other clans of note include the Assamites, Nosferatu, and Ventrue.
Chapter Three: Brothers in Arms: Pyramids of PowerEdit
Chapter Four: Dead Among the Dead: The Damned of CairoEdit
The famous and infamous kindred of Cairo, as well as information on the Thaumaturgy path Soul of the Serpent.
Chapter Five: Ummel-Dunya: Storytelling CairoEdit
Suggestions and tips on creating Cairo based chronicles, including major themes and ideas such as the Islamic religion, the mysteries of ancient Egypt, and the major influence of the Assamites and Setites.
Appendix: Shadows in Dust: The Hidden HostEdit
The secret and ancient kindred who survive, biding their time for a takeover.
This is the Vampire: The Masquerade entry for the Year of the Scarab.
- Set - Founder of the Followers of Set.
- Osiris - Set's kindred (?) brother, who fought him for control of Egypt.
- Isis - Osiris' wife, who brought her slain husband back to life.
- Horus - Son of Osiris, who fought off Set's forces after his father's return to the underworld.
- Mukhtar Bey - Prince of Cairo, and, unusually, a Caitiff.
- Abdallah - Founder of the Mameluke.
- Angelique - One of the rare Cappadocians, awaiting her master's return.
| Previous book:|| Game Books|
Vampire: The Masquerade books
| Next book:|