The Cab driver is a character in VTMB video-game. A mysterious kindred that helps the Player Characters by transporting them to various locations around Los Angeles, and helping them make their decision regarding their allegiance near the end of the game.
- His line about "driving people to their destination" before the final confrontation with LaCroix/Ming, as quoted above, contains a strong ironic undertone: as a mere cab driver, he does "drive people to their destination" in the literal sense, but as Caine, father of all vampires, the inherited blood connection with his Kindred also allows him to subconsciously "drive" their actions via manipulation of the Jyhad, a fact he reminds the fledgling of via the "blood of Caine" reference.
- A Malkavian fledgling shows an immediate instinctual terror towards the cab driver, suggesting that their clan's unique insight has led them to recognize him as Caine. This is supported by several lines of dialog: demanding to know "WHERE ARE YOU TAKING US?" (with the "us" referring to all Kindred, rather than the personal "me"), results in the driver replying that he is "just a driver", and it is up to "you" (referring to all Kindred, if the analogy is followed) to "figure out where you want to be taken". The Malkavian fledgling can then retort with "But you've made that mistake before", to which he tersely responds "Yes".
- When speaking with Rosa, the seer, on the Santa Monica Beach, one line of dialogue mentions a smiling man), and the "Father" standing behind him. At the end of the game, a cutscene is shown with Jack watching the Venture Tower from afar and laughing, with the corpse of Messerach next to him; in the last moments of the game, the Cab Driver appears unexpectedly behind him, bearing a smoky black aura that no other character in the game displays, and repeating his earlier line: "Remember, wherever we go, it is the blood of Caine which makes our fate".
- Caine was reportedly cursed to forever wander; an apt description of a taxi driver.
- The novel Ankharan Sarcophagus in Turkey. implies that the cab driver is merely a Malkavian who thinks he's Caine. It is, however, possible that Caine possessed the cab driver remotely, especially if he had also engineered the recovery of the
- When any character uses the Auspex trait, the Cab Driver has a purple aura, which is used for supernatural entities such as vampires.
- The sound files containing the Cab Driver's dialogue audio are all named with the prefix "Caine".
- The taxi license displayed in the back of the cab is at a very low resolution, as it was never intended to be viewed up close, but the first name displayed on seems to be "Michael." (It's possible this license was a production joke, referencing actor Michael Caine.) The last name is more difficult to discern, but seems to end with "OLENE" or "ALENE".