|Authors:||Benjamin Baugh, David Brookshaw, David A. Hill Jr., Travis Stout|
|Artists:||Andy Hepworth, Pat Loboyko, & Cathy Wilkins|
|Art Director:||Richard Thomas|
|Creative Director:||Richard Thomas|
|Cover and Interior Design:||Mike Chaney|
|Calvin “Everything is Ruined Forever” Ashmore, Dennis “I’m Not Doing This Again” Bailey, and Audrey “This is My Shocked Face” Whitman|
|Publisher:||Onyx Path Publishing|
|Published:||September 13, 2012|
From the Onyx Path catalog:
- God doesn't love me. But He's given me these teeth to spill your blood and these words to speak over your remains.
- And when I do that, He's going to make my dreams come true.
- God is good.
- -- Sister Snow, upstart Bishop of New Orleans
- Being a vampire is inherently trading humanity for power, but most Kindred don't do it on purpose. Blood sorcery is about wrapping your arms around blood sacrifice or inhuman philosophy and holding it close against your silent heart. As presented in Vampire: The Requiem, sorcery is a series of rituals passed down from hierophant to acolyte, pastor to parishioner. The blood caked on these rituals is dark and dried, and they are ancient and horrible indeed.
- That's what this book is: a gory and grand new exploration of blood sorcery from the powers of the great covenants to the dirty secrets of the street to the figures that lurk in the shadowed history of the Kindred.
- This book includes:
- A flexible new system for blood sorcery, allowing you to build and enact your own rituals
- Threnodies, sacrificial charms that build on Disciplines and add a little mojo to any character
- A legion of occult antagonists, from the heartless Sons of Phobos to the enigmatic Empty Liars
Fiction: Boon & Kitty 1940 Edit
Fiction: Boon & Kitty 1969 Edit
Fiction: Boon & Kitty 1976 / Boon & Kitty 1985 Edit
Chapter One: Rites of Damnation Edit
Fiction: Boon & Kitty 1976 Edit
Chapter Two: Threnodies Edit
Fiction: Boon & Kitty 2011 Edit
Chapter Three: Antagonists Edit
Background Information Edit
This book filled the slot originally intended for Secrets of the Covenants, which was pushed further back in the Onyx Path schedule.
According to developer Russell Bailey, this book was intended to hit three notes:
- First, make blood sorcery the gory, theophanic experience it should be. ... You don’t have a spell list, you have a list of violations you can perform in the name of your red-handed God.
- Second... I want to provide an optional blood magic system that’s open-ended, à la Mage or Witchfinders.
- Finally, we’re going to introduce new, occult-themed antagonists, secretive creatures that play up some aspect of the vampiric condition and distort it.
Memorable Quotes Edit
| Previous book:|| Game Books|
Vampire: The Requiem books
| Next book:|