|Written by:||Rose Bailey, Dave Brookshaw, Jim Fisher, Emily Griggs, David A Hill Jr., Matthew McFarland, Renee Ritchie, Andrew Heston, Malcolm Sheppard, John Snead, Travis Stout, Tristan J Tarwater, Stew Wilson, Filamena Young, Eric Zawadzki|
|Creative Director:||Richard Thomas|
|Art Direction and Design:||Mike Chaney|
|Artists:||Borja Puig Linares, Mark Kelly, John Bridges, Drew Tucker, Brian LeBlanc, Mauro Mussi, Bryan Syme, Michael Gaydos, Sam Araya, and Mike Chaney|
|Play Testers:||Rich Baccare, Christine Beard, Jeremy Belton, Fletcher Bennett, Angie Bond, Ryan Bond, Ruben Catinchi, Greg Curley, Darkfool, Kylie Davis, Bethany Doherty, DragonWolf, Steven Eubanks, Josh Feil, Russell Graham, Amy House, Megan Jaffe, Sean Jaffe, Curbrus James, Scott Katinger, Amy Knopf, Dawn Lynn, Adam Maxwell, Josh Maxwell, Dave Martin, Melissa Moritz, Sean Moulson, Liam Neary, Michael Pucci, Dan Schermond, Meg Woodworth, Pete Woodworth, Burton Wright, Lawrence Young|
|All the Kickstarter backers|
all the folks on various Internet forums who helped make this game better
Rich Thomas, Rose Bailey, and Michelle Lyons-McFarland for helping revise and redefine Beast
everyone who reached out when the black dog came calling.
|Publisher:||Onyx Path Publishing|
|Published:||March 30, 2016|
The Beast: The Primordial Rulebook is the core rulebook for Beast: The Primordial.
From the Onyx Path schedule:
- Did your heart seize up in your chest a little when I said that? It should. Those horrors you've dreamed of all your life - the arms dragging you down into the ooze, the thing with fangs and too many legs waiting in the dark, the sleek, silent killer dropping on you from a clear sky - they're real.
- But don't fret, little brother. You'll never have to wake up in fear, ever again. The nightmares are real...and you're one of them.
- Now, let us feast." -Zmei
You are one of the Begotten, the living embodiment of a primal nightmare of humanity. Your soul, your Horror, is a monstrous creature - maybe something that humanity dreamed and wrote down and still speaks of in legends, or maybe some outlandish horror that no living person has ever seen.
You are a Beast, and you must feed. Your Hunger drives you, and your Hunger might damn you. Indulge too lightly and your Horror will take matters into its own hands, roaming the Primordial Dream for sustenance and awakening murderous hatred in spiritually weak individuals. Feed too deeply and too often, and you become sluggish, sacrificing the raw edge of Hunger for the languor of Satiety. You must decide how to grow your Legend - will you be the monster incarnate, the thing that all other monsters fear? Or are you doomed to die under a Hero's sword?
- This book contains
- The complete guide to playing a Beast in Chronicles of Darkness
- A game system designed for crossover with the other Chronicles of Darkness lines
- A look at the Beasts and their broods all around the world, from Vancouver to Tokyo
- Rules for Heroes, the deluded individuals who think that this is their story
Chapter One: After the Devouring Edit
Chapter Two: Walking Nightmares Edit
Chapter Three: Characters and Traits Edit
Chapter Four: Rules of the Feast Edit
Chapter Five: Heroes & other monsters Edit
Chapter Six: Beasts of the World Edit
Chapter Seven: Storytelling Edit
Background Information Edit
Memorable Quotes Edit
| Previous book:|| Game Books|
Beast: The Primordial books
| Next book:|