Users of Argos are one of the more welcome groups in the Shadowlands. The Tempest is a hazardous and tricky place to journey through, and those with the ability to travel through it relatively unscathed are able to sell their services easily. It is much easier to find a wraith with Argos than a Ferryman, though a Ferryman’s services are almost guaranteed, where with a Harbinger, there is always a small chance of danger.
Harbingers can carry as many "passengers" as they desire, but at the risk of raising the difficulty of their actions. All of them must be in bodily contact and willing to travel; those who resist can make any actions using Argos extremely difficult and dangerous for everyone involved.
When Argos doesn’t work properly, it frequently spits the user out in Tempest in an unknown location. It takes some time for the Harbinger to find their location, during which they are subjected to any number of dangers: Spectres, enemy wraiths, or Maelstroms are some of the more common.
- Orienteering: A Harbinger can find their location in the Tempest and the closest, easiest path through.
- Tempestpeek: A Harbinger can look into the nearby Tempest.
- Tempest Threshold: A Harbinger can open their own nihils into the Tempest.
- Enshroud: A Harbinger can temporarily cloak themselves in shadows.
- Phantom Wings: A Harbinger can grow wings to glide through the Tempest and Shadowlands.
- Flicker: A Harbinger may bend the Tempest to teleport themselves to another location.
- Jump: A Harbinger may rapidly travel to any of their Fetters.
- Oubliette: A Harbinger may send another wraith directly into the Tempest.
Alternate Powers Edit
Argos abilities during the Great War are the same as the basic abilities and standard powers with the following exceptions, which replace the skills of the same level or where noted.
- Maelstrom Navigation: Allows a Harbinger to safely navigate the Shadowlands during hazardous conditions. Replaces Orienteering.
- Tempest Glimpse: The same as Tempestpeek above, plus the additional ability to communicate with wraiths in the Tempest.
- Storm Robes: A Harbinger can create protective robes that ward off Maelstrom effects.
- Travel: A Harbinger may manipulate the metaphysical shortcuts through the Tempest.
- Maelstrom Bridge: This allows a Harbinger to cause a Maelstrom to manifest in the Skinlands.
In addition, there is the following alternate power:
- Return (The Hierarchy): A Harbinger may travel from any location in the Tempest to their home by the fastest route possible.
- Tempest Run (The Sea of Shadows): A Harbinger can ride natural currents and winds to keep ahead of a Maelstrom.
- Moving Haunt (The Sea of Shadows): A Harbinger can turn a mobile object, such as a car, ship, or train, into a Haunt.
- Forbidden Paths (Haunts (book)): Edward Teach, the legendary Blackbeard, is the only one known to possess this Art, which allows him to navigate hidden Spectre-claimed byways in the Tempest.
- , 115-116
The Great 13: