Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Alexander of Paris
Prince of Paris until 1222
Alexander was embraced in Athens seven centuries before the birth of the Christian god. In appearance, he's a 16 year old, as beautiful as a classic Greek god, golden, curly hair. He is described as beardless youth, his classically sculpted face framed in dark ringlets, his lovely eyes outrageously long-lashed, dark brown flecked with hints of amber. However lovely, his age transpires through his cold body language, typical of the ancients, without unnecessary movements.
He endured many hardships during his unlife and grew overconfident with age, eventually travelling to Paris, and becoming the Prince of that city for many centuries after the fall of Rome. In Paris he created his Grand Court which he ruled utilizing fear and justice with the cooperation of several Toreador Elders. Taking the Frankish family of Charlemagne under his wing around 800 AD, he supported the creation of the Holy Roman Empire - but as time went on, his rule became tyrannical and his obsession and jealousy ran rampant.
Saviarre arrived during the 11th century , it brought a lot of ideas and advice to Alexander. However, after he destroyed his consort Lorraine (childe of Queen Salianna), in a fit of jealous rage after she had fled him, he earned a reputation of destroying the things that he loved the most. This led the Toreador to conspire against him and, with the aid of his childer Geoffrey du Temple, Alexander was overthrown and banished from the territories of the Courts of Love in 1222.
Spending some time in Heidelberg to recuperate and petition Hardestadt for asylum, Alexander later took refuge in Magdeburg, the German city ruled by Lord Jurgen, where he plotted to win his domain back. He supported Jürgen's war against the Transylvanian Tzimisce and was awarded with the honorary domain of Finsterbach.
In his quest to win the backing of Lord Hardestadt, he waged war against the Ferals of Livonia. There, he was defeated in battle by their leader, the Mongol Gangrel Qarakh, who committed diablerie on him while channeling the power of the god Telyavel, with the assistance of Deverra and the Telyavelic Tremere.
- Alexander's personal heraldry displayed symbols of imperial power which he wore into battle. It depicted a vair, on a pale purpure, with a representation of a golden laurel wreath. The background color was white with repeating patterns of black spots intended to simulate ermine tails. Running down the center of the shield was a broad vertical purple stripe (the color of royalty) and on the stripe was a gold laurel wreath.
- Some members of Alexanders' line (such as Lady Justania, Gaius Marcellus, Geoffrey du Temple, and Gilbert d’Harfleur) have been observed to conduct themselves with poise and grace. Competent public-speakers and sometimes socialites, these individuals achieved some degree of fame for their skill at speech-craft. When put in stressful situations, however, those same individuals have been said to be prone emotional outbursts or behavior, leading others to consider them arrogant or immature.
- Libellus Sanguinis 1: Masters of the State, p. 78-82, 88, 92-93
- Dark Ages: Vampire Rulebook, p. 52, 56, 225
- Dark Ages Europe, p. 32, 35-36
- Players Guide to High Clans, p. 222, 225
- Spoils of War, p. 99
- Dark Ages Clan Novel: Assamite, p. 107-108, 186
- Dark Ages Clan Novel: Setite, p. 45, 190, 237, 283
- Dark Ages Clan Novel: Ravnos, p. 8, 91, 125
- Dark Ages Clan Novel: Malkavian, p. 5, et al.
- Dark Ages Clan Novel: Brujah, p. 5-7, et al.
- Dark Ages Clan Novel: Toreador, p. 5, et al.
- Dark Ages Clan Novel: Gangrel, p. 5, 274-279 et al.
- Dark Ages Clan Novel: Tremere, p. 22