|Written By:||Graeme Davis, Rob Hatch, Andrew Greenberg, Steve Crow, Ryan O'Rourke, Lee Gold, Frank Frey|
|Development:||Andrew Greenberg, Josh Timbrook|
|Production:||Andrew Greenberg, Mark Rein•Hagen, Sam Chupp|
|Art:||Sam Inabinet, Larry McDougal, Josh Timbrook, Jon Skoglund, John Cobb|
|Back Cover:||Chris McDonough|
|Vampire: The Masquerade was created by Mark Rein•Hagen|
| Special Thanks to:|
Mark "Been There, Done That" Rein•Hagen, for all his world-traveller stories. "Why I remember that time in Singapore when all I had was my shorts and 32 cents..."
Stewart "Eagle Eye" Wieck, for inventing new games to fit our shrinking warehouse space. "Okay, Josh, you run that way and I'll throw rgis ball at your head..."
Ken "High Points" Cliffe, for scoring a 31.
Josh "Motor Mouth" Timbrook, for his deals and wheels.
Wes "40 Acres and a Pallet Mule" Harris, for the simple pleasures of life (who remembers the hill?).
Sam "Triple Agent" Chupp, for being the only corporate spy in the gaming industry (sorry for breaking your cover).
Rob "Cthulhu Kid" Hatch, for divulging the secrets of his misspent youth.
Chris "$12 an Hour" McDonough — yeah, right.
Travis "Headbasher" Williams, for making us all mighty insecure.
Andrew "Blah-blah-blah" Greenberg, for showing us how insane he can become.
Brian "Backshot" Blume, for highway robbery (Wells Fargo caught up yet?).
|Publisher:||White Wolf Publishing, Inc.|
|Imprint:||White Wolf Game Studio|
|Publication #:||WW 02220|
|Reference #:||ISBN 1-56504-019-8|
- From the White Wolf Catalog:
The British IslesEdit
Europe by NightEdit
The Vampire ClubEdit
Some of the information in this book was overwritten with later material:
- Mithras, who rests in torpor here, is killed off in A World of Darkness Second Edition, and "Queen" Anne Bowesley formally succeeds him as Prince of London.
- Dr. John Dee and Aleister Crowley both appear here as Kindred; a Malkavian appears in London by Night who believes himself to be both individuals, suggesting that one or both of them might have never actually been Embraced.
- Don Caravelli, the Brujah elder who masterminds the Mafia, is never referenced again (outside of the presumably non-canonical Masquerade of the Red Death Trilogy), and the Brujah clan's association with organized crime is overshadowed by the Giovanni clan's mob ties in later editions of the game.
- Baba Yaga is killed by a Nictuku in Nights of Prophecy.
- The background material surrounding the Inconnu of Hunedora Castle was largely overhauled in Lair of the Hidden.
- Talaq, the Assamite-turned-mortal "Prince" of Petra, is revealed to have been forced out of Jordan in Mummy: The Resurrection Rulebook.
- With the transition of Hong Kong from British to Chinese governance, many of the Western Kindred (including Robert Pedder, the "Taipan" of Hong Kong) were expelled from the city.
- The Gaki "clan" was retconned into a Japanese faction of Kuei-jin in the Kindred of the East Rulebook.
- The "Cats" who appear in the Gaki chapter are never referenced again, and may possibly have been made redundant with the introduction of the Bastet werecats in the Werewolf Players Guide.
- Vannevar Thomas, Prince of San Francisco, is revealed to have been forced out of the city by his Ventrue clanmates in San Francisco by Night.
- Robert Pedder - "Taipan" of Hong Kong
- George Robinson - pro-Communist Brujah
- Subitai - Primogen of Hong Kong
| Game Books|
Classic World of Darkness books
Vampire: The Masquerade books
| Next release:|
| Previous release:|| Next release:|