|This Century In Other Timelines|
Classic World of Darkness: 500s BCE
- 672 BCE - 525 BCE: The 26th Dynasty in Egypt; the increasing contact between Greece and Khem (Egypt) (and the import of mercenaries from the former to the latter) allows Black Furies to enter the land of Khem and help strengthen the remaining werewolves there.
- 800 BCE - 500 BCE: Growth of Greek city-states (e.g. Athens). Expansion of Congregational activities into Europe.
- Creation of Buddhism, Taoism, Confucianism and Zoroastrianism.
- 580 BCE - 200 BCE: The Golden Age of Greek Science. Science and discovery of the day provide a firm foundation for what will be the "Western paradigm." Foundations for the Sunántese Daedaleas are laid. Plato, Pythagoras, Hippocrates, Archimedes, Aristotle.
- 560 BCE - 200 BCE: Golden Age of Chinese Science. Kung Fu-tse, Lu Pan. Chinese paradigm based on celestial order.
- 560 BCE: Pythagoras of Samos, an Awakened magus and mathematician, travels to Egypt and becomes an initiate in the cult of Thoth (by this time, in decline).
- 545 BCE: Pythagoras returns to Greece and begins spreading his ideas to the mystery cults present in all cities. He gets the strongest response from the cults dedicated to Mercury, god of communication and eloquence. Cults of Hermes flourish in Greece, Italy, Egypt. Split between Acousmatic and Mathematic factions sparks War of Hermes.
- 540 BCE: Pythagoras expresses the goal of reproducing nature through a system of mathematical interrelationships.
- 538 BCE: Cyrus the Great conquers Babylon. In an act of clemency, he allows the Hebrew people to return to Jerusalem.
- 535 BCE: Enlightenment of the Buddha Sakyamuni. Exposure to his teachings and physical presence causes many spontaneous Awakenings. During his life, no destructive magics work in the vicinity of his disciples, allowing the Akashic Brotherhood and Thanatoics to attempt peace. Battle-hardened reincarnating Avatars make this largely futile.
- 525 BCE: Pythagoras travels to Croton in southern Italy and begins forming his own secret personality cult based on Thothian concepts: number theory, music and astronomy.
- 514 BCE: The Night of Fana. The Kamil, or Entelechy, appears. Beginning of the Ahl-i-Batin.
- 509 BCE: Foundation of the Roman Republic.
- 503 BCE: The All-Consuming Fire falls prey to demons masquerading as Vedic gods. The impostors claim that it's all well and good to escape the suffering of the Wheel by meditation, but the compassionate thing to do is to annihilate the Wheel altogether.
- 500 BCE: Roman historian Hegesistatus escapes from leg manacles by cutting off his foot; later, he crafts a wooden replacement.
- 500 BCE: The first Revenants are observed.
- 500 BCE: Pythagoras dies. The Greek cult of Hermes is at its height in Athens; Socrates and most other Athenians are familiar with its ideas, and Plato is probably an initiate. Although he never Awakens, Plato's writings are very influential to the forming of the Greek magickal praxis. The cult of Hermes begins spreading to Rome, where Hermes is known as Mercury.
- 500 BCE: Hindu concepts of the soul, karma and dharma are radically re-examined by spiritual teacher Siddhartha Guatama. He becomes known as the Buddha.
- 500 BCE: Persia becomes the centre of the vast Achaemenid Empire which stretches from southeast Europe and north Africa in the west to India in the east, and from the Caucasus mountains and the Syr Darya river in the north to the Gulf of Oman in the south. The Taftâni are hailed as great mystics, warriors, and purveyors of Truth.
- 500 BCE - 384 BCE: The Years of the Shroud, a period of the Himalayan Wars unable to be pierced by temporal scrying magic.
- 500 BCE - 300s AD: Mystery cults of the Classical World, such as the Orphic and Eleusinian mysteries, the cults of Isis and Mithraism, flourish throughout this period.
- ↑ 4.0 4.1
- ↑ 6.0 6.1
- ↑ 7.0 7.1
- ↑ 8.0 8.1 8.2
- ↑ 9.0 9.1 9.2
- ↑ 10.0 10.1 10.2 10.3
- ↑ 11.0 11.1 11.2 11.3
- ↑ 14.0 14.1 14.2
- ↑ 17.0 17.1 17.2
|600s BCE||cWOD Timeline||400s BCE|