|This Century In Other Timelines|
Classic World of Darkness: 400s BCE
- Golden Age of Greek Science continues. Foundations for the Sunántese Daedaleas are laid. Western paradigm takes form.
- Golden Age of Chinese Science continues. Cosmic order dominates Chinese paradigm.
- Mithraism dates from this period, with Mithra appearing as a Persian god of light and wisdom.
- Herodotus visits Babylon and reports that every woman in the city must spend a night in the "Temple of Aphrodite" atop Etemenanki to await a conjugal visit from Marduk. In truth, the resident priests use a "Sacred Marriage" ritual to activate the gate, giving the Void the strength to manifest.
- 496 BCE - 480 AD: The Searing Wind sect of the Wan Xian attempts to take Mount Kailas, which is defended by the Akashic Brotherhood. The Wan Xian strikes an alliance with Yi Han, the Five-Ghost Emperor, a Yomi-corrupted Wu Lung. His involvement escalates the conflict into the Dragon River War. The resulting devastation leads to a decade of famine and drought which brings the Dalou'laoshi into the conflict.
- 490 BCE - 250 BCE: Within a relatively short period of time, viziers establish four great cities through use of magic: Ad, Thamud, Tasm, and Jadis are build by the Taftâni. The Taftâni kings and warlords of these cities engage in increasingly destructive battles until all four are blasted beyond recognition.
- 475 BCE: By this year, Chinese culture has acquired the sophistication and ruthlessness that would be put to good use by Qin Shihuang.
- 444 BCE: Vedavati comes to prominence, uniting many dead thanatoic sects and Chantries, as well as recruiting many mortal princes and Ecstatics to her cause. Her order is dubbed Natapas, the Dancers of the Inner Fire. She later collaborates with Grand Harvester Subramanian, uniting the death mages of India into a force they dub the Chakravanti.
- 424 BCE: Four brothers, mages known as the Sons of Thucydides, discover the Inventium in the Astral Umbra.
- 400 BCE: Hippocrates founds the Cosian Circle.
- 400 BCE: By this year, the Himalayan War has turned the Akashayana from ascetics into warriors.
- 400 BCE - 100 BCE: One hundred years after Pythagoras' death, his followers split into two groups: Acousmatics who are devoted to Pythogoras' rites and sayings; and the Mathematic faction, who are devoted to number theory and music. Conflicts between the two come to a head during the War of Hermes. The Mathematicals migrate to Plato's Academy as the Cults of Mercury, while the Acousmatics die out.
- 400 BCE - 250 AD: Petra is built by the Nabateans.
|500s BCE||Classic World of Darkness Timeline||300s BCE|