| This Year In|
Trinity Universe: 2061
- Synapse and Mungu "Backlash" Kuwasha, the latter maddened by Taint, battle within the OpNet for hours. Although Synapse manages to defeat Kuwasha, Kuwasha's death scream utterly destroys the OpNet and most systems to which it is connected, setting communications technology back 100 years. The Aberrant War is brought to a head. Later scholars will only be aware of Kuwasha's involvement. The European Union's economy is left in tatters.
- By this year, China has set the standard for space development, with several hundred orbital craft, three orbital stations and seven huge cruisers.
- The next nine years are known collectively as the Crash. Millions are dead, half of the world's arable lands are useless, the world's financial and ecological resources are drained, and the world economy collapses. Conflict erupts between nations. The Comm Crunch hits. The Urban Schism occurs. Orbital Expansion is attempted to revitalize the world.
- September 7: The crash of the OpNet spurs the Chinese government to hand down their Ultimatum: a full-scale nuclear strike if Aberrants do not cease attacks immediately.
- OMEN Low-Earth-Orbit Relay Station 2 in Eau Claire, WI, detects an Aberrant attacking one of the Chinese fusion platforms. GN reports that, in retaliation, the Chinese have destroyed the island of Bahrain.
- The Exodus. Aberrants leave Earth with the threat of returning. The Aberrant War ends, and the Chinese fleet stands down.
- 120 residents of Olympus follow the Space Brigade into exile, having forged friendships and relationships with them. The freshly-abandoned Yeltsingrad (TU) — now referred to as "The Pit" — is declared sound, although stripped bare.
- Urban legend holds that the Divisians, a "fan club" for Divis Mal, doesn't disband when Divis Mal leaves, it just goes underground.