| This Year In|
- An 1890 Analytical Reckoner prediction gives a 100% probability for total control of the human population by this year.
- The first cyborg HIT Mark rolls off the assembly lines.
- Victoria Kelly, a young guard, is discovered in the wreckage of Pentex subsidiary Liston Industries in Vancouver. She is awakened to greater possibilities upon witnessing a werewolf attack. She is shipped off to Hartfield Psychiatric Facilities.
- J.P. Goddard's The Love Poems of Heylel is published by Spiristi Press.
- Sandeep D'Souza steps down as Professor of Asian History and Sanskrit at Columbia University (New York).
- Rev. Montague Winters gets his M.A. in the History of Science at Harvard University (Cambridge, Massachusetts).
- The Annual Proceedings of the Arcanum contains articles by Geoffrey Truesdell and Sandeep D'Souza regarding alchemy., as well as an article entitled "Images and Archetypes of the Tarot."
- Blacktooth learns the yava of the Ajaba and uses it slaughter the Hyena King’s court in Ngorongoro crater. Ajaba numbers dwindle from thousands to just a handful in one battle. Blacktooth now rules Africa from Sahara to the Kalahari. The Bagheera Bastet, appalled, form a war party to stop Blacktooth, and are defeated.
- Alexis Park Resort and Spa, a Mediterranean-style resort, opens in Las Vegas off-Strip.
- A Thai girl, later to be "owned" by George Carreau, is born.
- The movie Tron is released, giving the world a glimpse of the Digital Web.
- William Gibson releases his novel Neuromancer, defining the cyberpunk genre.
- The Cell-V cabal emerges as a bet that the A-Team would never work in real life.
- Farouk al-Faris begins to serve the Hidden Sha'ir.
- January 14: Erik Trent of the Cult of Ecstasy sends a letter to Roger Thackery of the Virtual Adepts. Trent condemns the Adepts for their behaviour at the New Year's Party, which may have kicked the Pogrom up a notch.
- January 20: Lydia McKathaway of the Bank of Maryland sends a letter to Mr. Erik Trent, informing him his past-due balance exceeds $2,000 and he is six months overdue on payment. If he doesn't contact the bank in 48 hours, they will pursue legal action.
- September 13: A Euthanatos disruptor is found by Tecson in the Duplex Assembly Construct. When interrogated, he begins speaking backwards, but implementation of slow disintegration gets him to talk.