| This Year In|
- An 1890 Analytical Reckoner prediction gives a 100% probability for total control of the human population between this year and 1984.
- Evenne Backsby is born.
- Dr. Sandeep D'Souza becomes a full Professor of Asian History and Sanskrit at Columbia University (New York).
- Margaret Fisher writes about the learning of alchemy in this year's volume of the Annual Proceedings of the Arcanum.
- Angela Hernandez' Master's project at Washington University consists of developing a series of advanced mathematical models to analyze data from this year's census.
- Two members of the Golden Chalice transfer back to Political Triage International.
- Las Vegas city officials proudly announce that they've rid the city of organized crime. In actuality, the mob has just gone deeper underground.
- Prior to this time, no clear delineation can be drawn between science fiction novels and the groups responsible for inspiring them.
- Annie Thomason is born to a hippie family in Haight-Ashbury.
- Maria DiMatto is Embraced.
- The Ahl-i-Batin/Taftâni alliance pays off, as Technocratic forces are routed in an incursion attempt. As the Technocratic paradigm no longer holds sway, Paradox knocks their helicopters out of the sky.
- The Paradise Garden in Isfahan assigns an assassin to the former Shah of Iran, to avenge the long-murdered Qutbs.
- Fitzgeralds Hotel and Casino opens in Las Vegas.