| This Year In|
- Christine "Hutch" Hutchenson is born.
- Shortly after combat experiences in Angola Awaken him, Mark Hallward Gillan is recruited by the Order of Hermes.
- J.P. Goddard's Bernadette and Eloine is published by Sipristi Press.
- Sandeep D'Souza ceases working as Assistant Professor of Asian History and Sanskrit at Columbia University (New York).
- Master Agatha Marsh suggests a rock garden design for the Euthanatos subrealm to Master Prambanan.
- The chief councillor of Balador Pleasuredome passes the keys to Marianna. It is at about this time that Marianna also becomes the representative of the Seat of Life on the Council of Nine.
- Mao Zedong dies.
- Three of the founders of Political Triage International transfer to the Golden Chalice out of frustration.
- Public cries for peace are so loud that they elect religious and moral icon Jimmy Carter to the Presidency.
- Developmental Neogenetics Amalgamated (DNA for short) is founded as a company dedicated to researching genetic diseases.
- May 1: The third battle of Tara: An army of Black Spiral Dancers converges around Tara while the Fianna celebrate Beltane. The army uses both ancient and modern weapons, with a suicide bomber destroying the outer wall. The Fianna and their fae and spirit allies defend the Caern, with reinforcement arriving via moon bridge from all over the world. In the end, the Black Spiral Dancers are defeated, but numerous Elders of the Tribe have fallen.