| This Year In|
- Alvin Locke is born.
- Sandeep D'Souza earns his Ph.D. in History from Columbia University (New York). He becomes Assistant Professor of Asian History and Sanskrit for this school year.
- Two FBI agents are murdered while on agency business in South Dakota. Despite flimsy evidence, Native American Leonard Peltier is arrested for the crime.
- Kelly Anne Walker is born.
- New World Order judiciary Sebastian Tallow declares that a defendant be allowed to prove her loyalty, and requests his wife Patricia Zevis create the Retinal Encoding Organism.
- Cambodia's Khmer Rouge topples Lon Nol's military government.
- By this time, more than half of all Baruti are ethnograhers, authors of historical fiction, or creators of American comics or Japanese manga.
- Janet Wolf is born.
- Thomas Houston and his unit from Vietnam join the fray, fighting aliens.
- The Maori start working very effectively at regaining control over their native lands.
- Mark Hallward Gillan follows in his father's footsteps and joins the US Army. He also gains an interest in Aleister Crowley's Golden Dawn.
- The Second Indochina War ends. North Vietnamese troops seize Saigon. The Pathet Lao begins to eliminate opponents and moderates.