| This Year In|
- Tobacco advertising is banned from television in the United States. Dr. Nicola Tregar of Pentex decides to target ex-smokers rather than smokers for her lunghugger banes, using the Smoker’s Bane program.
- Smythe has an article about Islamic alchemy in this year's issue of the Annual Proceedings of the Arcanum.
- The Garou of Vancouver meet for a Grand Moot to decide how to deal with the local Kindred. Thanks to Richard Daly and Montgomery Abercorn, all tribes agree for a non-aggression compact known as the Covenant.
- Brice "Leather 'Nads" Hill is born. He later gains a reputation as Iteration X's most formidable slayer of Reality Deviants.
- Chorister Aline Levesque leaves the multi-Tradition cabal of which she's been a member. She later goes on to found the Nine Fires cabal.
- Govinder Singh is born.
- Arthur Effiong arrives in the Ancestral Marabout, ravaged by possession, a faint psychic impression all that remains. The Euthanatos there grant him the Good Death.
- Bernardo Veneducci buys an old fancy hotel in Milan at a state auction. He turns it into a chantry for Hollow Ones.
- Kararoshi is born in the Amazon rainforest.
- Virtual Adept David Vasquez is born.
- Representatives from over a hundred sites across the United States of America all log on to each other's servers, creating the first real test of the ARPANET.