| This Year In|
- "Gorgeous" Gary Golden's final film is released. Shortly afterwards, he disappears.
- Black Spiral Dancer kinfolk Frater I*I finds a pirated copy of the Chronicle of the Black Labyrinth at a bookseller in NYC. He learns of his descent from people named in the book, and he comes to the realization of the underlying principles of the Wyrm in his Dance of Insight. He is contacted by Banes and sent to the ruins of Phelegma Abbey in upstate NY. He does further research with the aid of a college professor in Scotland.
- The summer issue of Paradigma contains a warning from Professor Argot about the Euthanatos.
- An 1890 Analytical Reckoner prediction states a 75% probability of having a way to hypnotize large groups of people by this date.
- The Lodge of the Gray Squirrel recruits an Orphan named Mary Tomesha from a Mojave reservation in Arizona.
- Sister Maria Inez is forced to abandon her newborn daughter.
- Dr. Jarmyn Talbot ends his term as Dean of the College of Linguistics.
- Mack Freeman bani Flambeau is born.
- Geneva Bye bani Janissary is born.
- With the work of Edward Lorenz, Probability Engineers codify their beliefs into a new mathematical tradition.
- The Korean Muslim Federation is inaugurated.