| This Year In|
- Hollywood star Ginger Swan dies. She is buried at the Hollywood Forever Cemetery.
- The Virtual Adepts begin to defect.
- Roger Bannister runs the mile in under four minutes (3:59.40), allowing for the possibility to enter the Consensus. Within two months, it's beaten again. By the end of the century, all top runners can regularly beat the landmark.
- Etherite Dr. Oscar Lightwell is commissioned by the United Nations to build the X117 Death Ray (intended for purely peaceful purposes).
- The Mutagenic Engineers Methodology of the Progenitors gets renamed as the Genegineers.
- Future Syndicate VPO Choe Yo'ng is born.
- The Vietminh defeat the French at Dien Ben Phu. The French agree to a treaty dividing Vietnam along the 17th parallel.
- March 10: Central Control sends a message to the Men in Black, notifying them that Alan Turing has refused to stop his research into virtual reality, so he is to be terminated with extreme prejudice. Any electronic devices on his person are to be destroyed and the parts brought back for examination. No witnesses.
- March 16: The area north of the Gate of Forces along the East Crystal Bastion surrounding Concordia in Horizon is observed and recorded by parties unknown.