| This Year In|
- The Stargazer metis who will eventually be known as Bright Moon's Shadow is born during this year, and abandoned in an alleyway to die. He will be saved, and eventually become a vital part of the negotiations for his tribe to join the Beast Courts.
- Since at least this year, the Nosferatu known as Alberich has been keeper of the Great Library in Vancouver.
- Clarence Papineau is born.
- Watson and Crick discover that the A and T molecules in DNA bond together, as do the G and C molecules.
- The HIT Mark IV is first used. This model is a 2.2 meter-tall black and silver robot.
- Rudolfo Ouspensky sneaks into the workshop of a prominent stage magician only to find out magic is real. Thinking quickly, Ouspensky becomes the magician's apprentice.
- Etherite Alexis Hastings is born.
- The Cult of Ecstasy builds the Timestop Labs for the Sons of Ether in Concordia's Matter Ward.
- In order to keep an eye on the burgeoning MECHA Construct, an artificial intelligence dubbed the Matriarch is created from scanning the minds of two Technocrat sisters.
- Colonial rule in Cambodia is lifted and King Norodom Sihanouk becomes head of state.
- The governments of North and South Korea are near collapse as a result of their war.
- The Algiers Hotel and Casino opens in Las Vegas.
- December 12: Captain Chuck Yeager once again sets a record by flying at two-and-a-half times the speed of sound.