| This Year In|
- Doc Eon (supposedly) dies. Amazing Science Stories ceases publication of his adventures.
- Dr. Kenneth Aldrich of the New World Order invents Disposable Camouflaged Monitoring Devices, usually dubbed "TrashCams."
- Syndicate Manager Alfred Trenton is born. He befriends a Sleeper named Carl Tyler at a young age.
- Of the nine hotels opening between now and 1958, all but one are bankrolled by the mob.
- The US Government, needing somewhere to test its nuclear weapons, finds the old Las Vegas Aerial Gunnery School and begins using it for testing.
- The Baptist Spiritual Soldiers discover and attempt to burn Dr. Karl Heinrich Ulrichs' Uranian Pleasure Manual. They fail.
- Archaeologists discover the ruins of the pyramid of Sekhemkhet near the pyramids in Giza.