| This Year In|
- Bruno Giovanni helps a politician from Massachusetts with his campaign.
- Shukri Lightning-on-the-Dunes returns from his disappearance in 1943, claiming enlightenment and considerably aged by whatever ordeal he went through.
- The Red Talon Galliard known as Tundra Runner is born this year; presumably he was born in the earlier part of the year (January through March or even April), as that is when gray wolves are born. He will eventually become leader of the Red Talons of Russia.
- By this year, Magadon Limited has five research contracts with the US Army and one with the United Nations, with construction beginning on a new research facility in West Virginia.
- An 1890 Electrodyne Engineer prediction gives a 100% probability of the existence of self-powered high-explosive bombs by this year.
- The Red Army invades Tibet and crushes its army.
- North Korea invades South Korea.
- Kannagara Jou Shan comes out of seclusion, uniting the Akashayana under the goal of spreading its teachings to the West.
- Nu Ying, Raging Eagle, is born.
- Around this year, Iteration X considers the Ascension War to be over. "Once you introduce the idea of the flying car to the Masses, it's really all over."
- December 12: The Syndicate sends a message to Alan Turing warning him to stop his "virtual reality" project, as they consider it dangerous. They warn Turing that they possess compromising photographs of him with another man, which could damage his position with the British government. Once he ceases work, they will mail him all copies of the photos.