| This Year In|
- Admiral Richard E. Byrd makes a flight over the north pole. In his radio transmission, he reports seeing a land of lush vegetation, lakes, large buffaloes or mammoths, and humans. The radio transmission is cut off. A newsreel is shown in theatres including this flight and the 1926 flight, but apparently evidence of this Hollow Earth can be seen. The newsreel is never shown again.
- Rabbi Elihu Witz is born.
- The Great Depression hits.
- The Third Edition Revised of The Theophanies is printed for new Choristers.
- The Hamitic Hypothesis is first formulated, which claims that all civilization in Africa came from the mediterranean Hamites, who brought civilization to the sub-saharan Negroids.
- The Fourth Great Maelstrom is finally quelled.