| This Year In|
- Colin Jenner, president of Pentex Incorporated, dies in an automobile accident. Board member Fulton Clark replaces him; soon after a pack of Black Spiral Dancers approaches Clark about an alliance, to which he agrees.
- Silver Fangs and other aristocratic clans move to stop the impending revolution in Russia, but their methods prove unable to stop what has begun, especially since the revolution proves to be backed by a number of forces, including Brujah and Bone Gnawers. Minions of the Wyrm take advantage of the chaos to launch attacks against the Garou; the Silver Fangs rally the divided tribes together to make a series of counterattacks, but it ends in failure when they encountered the Zmei Shazear while raiding a Black Spiral Dancer caern at the behest of the Children of Gaia. The carnage will weaken the Garou of Russia literally for years, and also cast doubt on the leadership abilities of the Silver Fangs. The failure may also have sown a seed of resentment in the Silver Fangs toward the Children of Gaia.Agents of the Wyrm end up in control of Russia's government.
- Soldiers seize the Arcanum's St. Petersburg Chapter House and destroy most of its records and books.
- Roger Thackery, later representative of the Virtual Adepts, is born.
- World War I brings the Technocracy by the hundreds into the Middle East, and the paradigm begins to ossify. Taftâni begin to die from Paradox in numbers greater than those who have died from duelling.
- January 19: German Foreign Minister Arthur Zimmerman sends a telegram to German Minister to Mexico authorizing him to offer the Mexicans American lands and money in exchange for their helping Germany in the war. British Intelligence intercepts it.
- After seeing what Americans do about Germany's breach of the Sussex pledge, British Intelligence forwards them the Zimmerman Telegram.