| This Year In|
- Due to a crisis in Pentex' oil dealings, they spin Premium Oil's assets into a new, publicly traded company: Endron International. The investors give the company the shot of capital it needs.
- The 51st Council of the Council of Nine meets in Horizon.
- Vol V. of the Annual Proceedings of the Arcanum contains an article by Elizabeth Sandler on the etymology of the world "alchemy."
- Yuan Shikai, president of the Chinese Republic, dies. By this point, even his closest lieutenants have deserted him.
- The Colorado River floods much of the Yuma Valley. As a result, Arthur P. Davis proposes to control the Colorado with a dam of unprecedented height.
- The Utopian League forms the Council for the Enforcement of Scientific Ethics to serve as the judges of the Sons of Ether.
- At some point following the Fourth Great Maelstrom, the Night of Short Chains occurs, starting the Great War.
- July 1: The Fourth Great Maelstrom begins at the battlefields of the Somme in France; the Nihil created there lingers until the storm ends in 1929.
- Felix Yusupov, a Silver Fang Kinfolk, (allegedly) kills Rasputin on December 29. Various canon books describe Rasputin as being a member of several different vampire clans, a Shadow Lord, an Ecstatic, and a Puppeteer. The truth remains murky. See the Rasputin article for full information.