| This Year In|
- 1850-1900: Growing interest in the occult and spiritualism, combined with the rise of the Theosophist movement, results in a weakening of the scientific paradigm and an increase in the number of recruits for the Traditions.
- 1889-1900: The first great expansion stage of the Arcanum. Multiple chapter houses are opened across Europe and North America.
- The Sept of the Healing Dawn becomes a location in Egypt where Silent Striders can rest and regain Gnosis. It is the only caern in Egypt aside from the remote Sept of the Western Flame where they can do so.
- Black Fury Freebooters find two unclaimed caerns in the Congo and open the both of them, thus birthing the Dark River Caern and the Blessed Home Caern.
- Artemis Silver-Dawn, a Ragabash Black Fury of the Freebooters camp discovers the site of what will eventually become the caern at Cumberland Falls (guarded later by the Sept of the Moon's Blessing) somewhere around this time.
- Around this time the creature known as the Yahwie begins hunting and slaying Ananasi in Australia.
- The Boxer Rebellions in China. The Wu Lung and Akashic Brotherhood cease fighting outright, as both sides support the Rebellion as a last-ditch effort to drive the Technocracy out of China.
- Lord Edmund releases what becomes the most famous English translation of Kitab al Alacir, the Book of Ether.
- Professor Vargo displays his Conversion Engine to the world in the Palace of Electricity at the Paris Expedition this year. Frustrated with the lack of interest (and the interest in the weapons of war featured), Vargo makes a speech decrying weapons of war, then takes his Engine and vanishes from public view.
- The works of Gregor Mendel are rediscovered. The scientific roots of the Mutagenic Engineers are founded.
- The Technocracy's Great Symposium this year disproves the concept of ether. The Electrodyne Engineers begin to desert.
- Queen Victoria's Grand Council of World Government has evolved into the Technocratic Union by this year.
- By this year, John Eaton Simcoe controls a network of banks and entertainment houses from San Diego to the Alaskan border.
- By this year, most Triads have put aside their political ambitions and are nothing more than organized crime groups.
- By this year, the Five Metal Dragons have paved the way for the Western Technocracy to subvert Heaven's law itself.