| This Year In|
- Cameron publishes Progenitors and Modern Culture.
- Angelo Ciatino, future Nephandi, is born.
- "Jacob" appears to the Arcanum once again, meeting with the Executive Committee, and then privately with Benjamin Holmscroft and Winthrop Murray. Jacob appears no older than before.
- The head of the US Patent Office resigns, believing that everything worth inventing has already been invented.
- Self-professed medium and spiritualist Anna Sheldrake dies.
- Nikola Tesla works in his workshop in Colorado Springs. Yves Mercure and Ernesto C. Amanguale, slightly askew in time, are able to witness him.
- May 15: James "Wirehead" Peritone sends a message to the other Conventions, announcing that the Difference Engineers have successfully created an electrical computer and have duplicated it to all their members across the continent. It uses a system of balsa wood punch cards for input, and a specially designed telegraph for output.