| This Year In|
- Dr. Harold Schere makes a proposal to Tremere elders regarding the creation of a disease which would mimic the effects of vampirism, reinforcing the Masquerade.
- The Sept of the Council for Universal Trade emerges among the Glass Walkers of Hong Kong.
- Congress declares the Hawai'ian Islands to be a territory of the United States.
- The 49th Council of the Council of Nine meets in Horizon.
- By this date, Hong Kong is under outright British rule.
- A young ascetic meets Deguchi Nao, who proclaims him Omoto-kyo's messiah. He changes his name to Deguchi Onisaburo.
- The British East Africa Company (led by the engineer Lt. Col. John Henry Patterson begins building a railway bridge over the Tsavo River in Uganda. During the construction, two maneless male lions (the lions of Tsavo have sparse manes in general due to the hot, desert conditions) kill many of the workers – in truth, the two are Simba.
- December 9: Engineer Lt. Col. John Henry Patterson kills the first of the two lions (actually Simba) called the Tsavo Man-Eaters.
- December 30: Lt. Col. John Henry Patterson kills the second of the two lions (actually Simba) called the Tsavo Man-Eaters. Over their reign of terror, the two lions killed nearly 140 workers.