| This Year In|
- 1894-1895: Sino-Japanese War. The uji under the leadership of House Genji invade the territory of the Green Court, extracting high tributes in the form of Jade and service from the korean Kuei-jin. During the conflict, the japanese Kuei-jin use western weaponry, leading the Quincunx to decry them as dishonorable.
- The tribe known as Iron Riders change their name to Glass Walkers.
- Gianluigi Lucci is born, and will eventually become a renowned Glass Walker Theurge, and founder of the Wise Guys.
- Doctor Zoeter formulates plans for the creation of MECHA.
- Elroy M. Avery, PhD, publishes School Physics: A New Textbook for High Schools and Academies. The book has an extensive section on ether.
- Ploete publishes Rassenhygiene, a text on eugenics.
- The Technocracy establishes the Hackworth Technological Compilation Facility near the centre of the Inventium.
- The 38th meeting of the Technocracy's Invisible College, advancing the Time Table.
- Japan has a military victory against China, which strengthens the military's political power.
- The International Brotherhood of Mechanicians move their most advanced difference engine to Autochthonia.
- Sigmund Freud discovers an underground culture of child abuse, and postulates his original Seduction Theory. The Seventh Generation causes a huge backlash and forces Freud to reevaluate his findings.  Dr. Gunter Draggerunter of the Seventh Generation is the key agent in this suppression of the truth.