| This Year In|
- The Invisible Exchequer's Special Projects Division is founded as joint venture between the Premium Oil Corporation and Proctor House of Boston.
- The World's Columbian Exhibition takes place in Chicago to celebrate Christoph Columbus arrival in the New World. Many Toreador consider it the beginning of the modern era.
- Women are admitted to the Arcanum as early as this year.
- Etienne DuLac founds Les Frères de la Rose Croix (Brothers of the Rose Cross) in Morocco.
- Captain Horatio Savage, rebuffed by the Electrodyne Engineers and the Technocracy at large, rips Victoria Station from London's Penumbra and re-establishes it in orbit around the Moon.
- Tychoides leaves on an epic journey around the sun. During his journey, he discovers Autochthonia orbiting opposite Earth.
- French gunboats force Siam to hand over their territories.