| This Year In|
- All known sorcerers on the Hawaiian islands are rounded up. Those who resist (most of them) are shot and fed to sharks.
- March 15: Winthrop Murray reports that all goes well: membership at the Arcanum is now just over 25. He considers it absurd that two women have requested admittance, and even more absurd is the notion that Benjamen Holmscroft wants to let them. He also writes about how Reverend Jebidiah Spector Brown is becoming more distant.
- Massimo Linarelli, an Italian Journeyman with the Arcanum, is in private communications with a clergyman in Rome who appears to be an expert in demonology. Although he speaks to no one about his intentions, he receives a telegram from Benjamen Holmscroft that the priest is with the Society of Leopold and is attempting to infiltrate the Arcanum, so he is not to be offered membership.
- November 24: Winthrop Murray writes about the success of the Arcanum after a year in existence. They are now 48 Journeymen strong, with a full 29 living at Holmscroft Manor, and a further five associates. They have a specialist in nearly every occult realm, and although Benjamen Holmscroft is undoubtedly the one in charge, he seems to "know much but offers little."
- December 18: Inspector Basil Rathbone writes a diary entry, reaffirming his dedication to driving malevolent spirits from the world.