| This Year In|
- Alexander Graham Bell invents the telephone.
- The final Torc of Donn is created by Aided witch Niall Mac Callum. Due to his belief in oral tradition, the knowledge of how to make Torcs dies with him.
- Queen Victoria is appointed Empress of India.
- Samurai revolt against the Emperor of Japan to protest the Meiji Restoration.
- June 25: Custer is defeated and killed at Little Big Horn. Laughing Manyskins, a Nuwisha, may have responsible for this due to deliberate spreading of misinformation.