| This Year In|
- 1870-1871: Franco-Prussian War. The war ends with the capture of Paris, ending the French Empire and beginning the Third Republic of France.
- The over 3,000 disparate states of the newly expanded North German Confederation are united into the German Empire under Wilhelm I, with Otto von Bismarck as his chancellor.
- The 45th Council of the Council of Nine meets in Horizon.
- Stephen Lawrence Robertson, an Electrodyne Engineer, constructs the Trans-Spatial Railroad, attempting to link the world by rail, via a network of teleportation tunnels and Spirit gates. One of the stops, Victoria Station, stands in London's Penumbra. The hope is that, if the route is travelled enough times, the impossible would be slightly more possible, making world travel commonplace.
- The Devil's Night: The Great Fire of Chicago ravages the city, destroying multiple supporters of Prince Maxwell. In following chaos, Lodin overthrows Maxwell. Rumors are that a Malkavian had started the fire.