Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
| This Year In|
- 1861-1865: The American Civil War. After the war, Wyrm agents divide New York City along racial lines. 
- Jan van Rensselaer, a clerk in a bank, suddenly has his spiritual third eye fully opened, and he collapses in ecstasy. The bank manager fires him, but one of the bank's customers, Sir Adamson Tisdale (a member of a secret mystic order), recognizes the import of the event and takes van Rensselaer as his new apprentice.
- Gregor Mendel, a monk, publishes his work, theorizing the existence of genes. This gives further impetus to the Æsculpian Order's experiments.
- Over 100 Ashcroft mine workers are trapped in an access tunnel as it fills with water. William Jameson determines it's more cost-effective to simply hire new workers rather than blast out the trapped workers. It takes them six hours to die.
- November 18: A call goes out in newspapers to all Men of Science to convene at the Symposium in Paris, France, for the formation of a new society, the Electrodyne Engineers. The Engineers predominantly focus on the Sphere of Forces at this time.