| This Year In|
- 1845-1849: The Potato Famine strikes in Ireland; Fianna Kinfolk are among the many who flee Ireland to escape the famine and suffering there. In addition, the virulent spread of the blight is accompanied by a thick miasma in the Umbra that would cast spirits into slumber should they come upon it. The exact nature of this Umbral fog is still a mystery.
- 1848-1849: Second Sikh War between the East India Company and the Sikh Empire. After the war ends, the EIC annexes Punjab, consolidating the territory of India as it well enter the Empire.
- Laurent de Mer, over one hundred years old at this point, vanishes mysteriously. Lloyd Fairweather takes over directorship of the Enlightened Society of the Weeping Moon.
- The California Gold Rush begins. John Eaton Simcoe travels to San Francisco setting himself up as a banker and investing in several successful businesses in the city.
- Nephi appears as a celestial being to Uriah Spence, restoring the Nephite Priesthood to the land.