| This Year In|
- 1848-1849: Second Sikh War between the East India Company and the Sikh Empire. After the war ends, the EIC annexes Punjab, consolidating the territory of India as it well enter the Empire.
- The events of the Giovanni Chronicles III, Act I take place: The Children of Isaac return to London and discover that Ambrogino Giovanni has opened Camden's crypt
- In the aftermaths of bloody revolts all across the German Confederation, 51 democrats in Heidelberg decide to meet in Frankfurt to form the first german Parliament, known as the Frankfurt Parliament. Vampire Prince Barbarossa intervenes to keep any attempts of outsider influence out, causing many to suspect that the prince himself wants to manipulate the parliamentaries.
- Frederick Wilhelm IV of Prussia has to recall his troops from Berlin after protests and yields to the demands of the people. Prince Breidenstein is forced to flee. His childe, Wilhelm Waldburg, begins to plot to replace him while maintaining a facade of loyalty.
- Switzerland passes a new Constitution, modeled after the democratic constitution of the United States.
- Jan van Rensselaer receives his first vision of the divine. He learns he will be the next Messiah, and is shown the Invisible Worlds.
- March 8: The loyal remnants of the Cabal of Pure Thought implement their "final solution" to disrupt the native practices of Hawai'i: they declare land to be property, to be divided and owned, beginning the Great Mahele. This paradigm shift disrupts the magic of several ali'i.