| This Year In|
- 1845-1846: First Sikh War between the East India Company and the Sikh Empire. The East India Company gains control over Kashmir.
- Hermetic Apprentice Susann Gwynne: "'Humility' is the expression on the face of the upstart braggart who comes face-to-face with a woman who can level a castle in her sleep."
- After Joseph Ryelander's three cabals (the Ruby Children, Emerald Children and Diamond Children) discover or damage a dozen Artisan operations, Caeron Mustai bani Janissary speaks eloquently in their favour at a Grand Tribunal. The Council grants the three cabals recognition as a full House, House Thig.
- Astronomers La Verrier and Johann Galle confirm John Couch's 1845 findings and discover Neptune.
- The Bata'a refuse an offer of the Verbena and the Dreamspeakers to join their Traditions, wanting nothing to do with the Ascension War.