| This Year In|
- Get of Fenris and Shadow Lords attack and burn the Mainland Villa allied to the Sept of Bygone Visions, but fail to reach the island Ecube where the caern itself is, instead dying on the passage to the island itself as the Wave Riders (water spirits) drowned them before they could reach it.
- Patrick Schulde and at least 19 other Tetrasomians appear in Philadelphia to witness the testing of Old Ironsides. The spirit known as the Stourbridge Lion meets them and offers to make a pact with them; they consent, and it is the beginning of the "Iron Riders," who will eventually become the face of this tribe of many names.
- At a Thanatoic Shamashti, Senex describes the world as sand being held by the Order of Reason. The tighter they squeeze, the more peoples' monkey natures fear the world around them and desires to defend itself. Perhaps they can catch the sand without opening the hand.
- Charles Babbage's difference engine is completed.
- The Order of Reason, having perfected its telegraph, reveal its possibilities to the public by discussing it in the presence of Michael Faraday and Samuel Morse.