| This Year In|
World of Darkness: 1457
- 1455-1487: The War of the Roses between the houses of York and Lancaster, both contenders to the english throne.
- 1440-1457: Mages travel the world, finding and recruiting willworkers of all disciplines and styles.
- Grand Convocation of the Traditions begins in Horizon (ends in 1466). Huge, fractious gathering which eventually gives birth to the Nine Traditions. Politicking, infighting, duels and outright war mark the event. Many sects and fellowships either merge or drop out entirely; Madzimbabwe join Thanatoic sect; Taftâni, Ngoma and others attend, but refuse to be subsumed into existing groups. In anger, some Tradition mages declare such sorcerers Disparate. The Solificati join the nascent Traditions at this point. One of the reasons the Convocation takes so long is the need to create a magickal paradigm which accounts for hundreds of disparate praxes.
- Sister Bernadette joins the Chœur Céleste.
- Sometime during the Grand Convocation of the Traditions, Primus Nightshade discovers the Winter Castle.