|This Century In Other Timelines|
Classic World of Darkness: 0s BCE
The first century BCE in the Classic World of Darkness.
- 323 BC - 30 BCE: Somewhere in this time-frame Black Furies establish the Sept of the Bloodied Stair in Alexandria's Kom ash-Shuqqafa catacombs, with a Caern of Enigmas and Rage.
- 57 BC: Cinvortrix of the Hounds of the Horned One and Elim of the Fierce Ones battle for the high kingship of Tara. Elim wins, and proclaims himself Ard Righ or high king of all the Fianna, although this claim will not be recognized by most Fianna outside of Ireland for some time.
- 54 BCE - 40 BCE: War between Celtic sorcerers and Roman legions as Romans invade Britain. Druids retreat into woods and forge pacts with fae. Roman invasion of Britain. The destruction of many Celtic sorcerers and druids.
- 44 BCE: Julius Caesar is assassinated. Provides the impetus for Lucius Casioli's transformation of Mt. Ossa Calyx into the Collegium Praecepti, the Brotherhood of the Rule.
- 44 BCE: After Caesar's death, Lucius Casioli changes Mt. Ossa Calyx into the Collegium Praecepti. Moves guild hall from Greece to Rome, names its craft Ars Praeclarus.
- 31 BCE: The Solium Submergens emerges for the second time, this time brought up by an earthquake in the Black Sea, and the Rite of Undying Pursuit is enacted to chase the threat through eternity.
- 31 BCE: Octavian and Mark Antony clash in Greece. Octavian's navy blockades and sinks Antony's ships. Antony and Cleopatra are routed to Egypt, where Octavian follows.
- 30 BCE: Octavian catches up to Mark Antony and Cleopatra in Egypt, where Octavian absorbs Antony's army and annexes Egypt.
- 27 BCE: Octavian offers to settle into private life, leaving the Roman senate with the messy job of cleaning up the republic. They offer him plenty of perks and incentives to stay. Octavian names himself Augustus and becomes the de facto ruler of Rome.
- 26 BCE: Carthage serves as a major administration centre for Rome in Northern Africa.
- 10 BCE - 400 AD: Codification of the Hermetic arts in the Corpus Hermeticum, attributed to Hermes Trismegistus. Over time, pagan influences decrease and the influence of Christianity increases. The Messianic Voices form as a faction within the larger Hermetic body.
- Sometime late in this century, or early in the following, the Kyphur cats, Kinfolk to the Bubasti tribe of the Bastet, become extinct save for a few Blood Bound remnants kept by the Followers of Set.
- By this time, the Vietnam kingdom of Au Lac has developed a sophisticated bronze-working society.
|Classic World of Darkness Timeline||Next Century|